Medical authorities this morning say it was 33-year-old Raymond Tse and his 1-year-old daughter Chloe who died in the house fire in the sunset District early this morning.
According to news reports, the fire broke out at about 1:30 a.m.on the second-floor of an apartment building on the 1900 block of 18th Avenue.
Raymond Tse was found dead in the garage and his toddler, Chloe, who was found on the third floor in a bathroom, died at the hospital, officials said. Chloe's grandfather remains in critical condition and her mother escaped with minor injuries.
According to press reports, Raymond Tse had been sleeping in the garage because he had been sick and did not want to get his daughter ill.
Fire crews are still investigating how the fire started.