If you were planning to booze your way through the Super Bowl and then hitch a ride with Muni, you might want to make sure there will be a bus for you to catch.
On Sunday at 5 p.m., Muni will detour some of its buses off Market and Mission streets to make room for all the Super Bowl brouhaha -- which hopefully won't include torching a Muni bus.
In any event, here's the new schedule:
- The 5-Fulton, 9-San Bruno, 71-Haight/Noriega, and the F-Market and Wharves will operate on Mission Street between Van Ness Avenue and the Ferry Building unless otherwise noted. Buses will operate on the F all day.
- The 2, 6, 21, 31, 38, and 38L will stop before Market Street. Passengers should transfer to the subway or other routes to the Embarcadero.
- 2-Clement will terminate at Sutter and Sansome streets
- 6-Parnassus and 21-Hayes will end at Ninth and Mission streets
- 31-Balboa will terminate at Mason and Eddy streets
- 38-Geary and 38L-Geary Limited will stop at Cyril Magnin and Eddy streets
- The 14-Mission, 14L-Mission Limited, and 49-Van Ness/Mission will operate on South Van Ness Avenue between 11th and 25th streets.
- 30-Stockon buses will use Lombard Street between Webster and Divisidero streets
- 45-Union/Stockton will use Lombard Street between Franklin and Steiner streets
- Cable car service will be provided by bus on the California Line and on Powell Street.
If you forget all that by Sunday, there will be detour signs and revised bus schedules posted. Detours will last until the end of the day or whenever the chaos is clear. Additional detours may be necessary if unanticipated problems arise.
For real-time information, follow Muni Twitter at @sfmta_muni, or sign up for real-time text or e-mail alerts Next Bus.