Firefighters responded to an early morning blaze that started from a gas leak at an apartment in the city's Excelsior District, sending two people to the hospital.
Fire officials were called to the two-story residential building on the 100 block of Athens Street around 12:50 a.m. When they arrived, they found a busted gas line on the sidewalk with flames shooting 10 to 15 feet in the air, according to KTVU.
The fire was under control by 2:13 a.m. Two people were taken to a local hospital where they are being treated for smoke inhalation. One other person is now homeless. thanks to the two-alarm blaze.
PG&E crews have since capped the leak and repaired the damaged gas line, according to KTVU.
Fire officials are not sure exactly what (or who?) sparked the fire; however, an arson investigator was called to the scene.