The man who allegedly kidnapped and murdered 15-year-old Sierra LaMar has now been accused of three other attempted kidnappings from three years ago.
Media outlets are reporting that 21-year-old Antolin Garcia-Torres was charged on Tuesday in connection to incidents on March 19 and March 26,
2009, when three women reported being assaulted by a man in Morgan Hill
KTVU reports that on March 19, 2009, a 36-year-old Morgan Hill woman told police she was being followed to her car in the parking lot of the Safeway at 840 East Dunne Ave. just before 11 p.m. A half-hour later, another woman reported being attacked in the parking lot of a Safeway at 235 Tennant Ave.
That woman, a 46-year-old San Martin resident, told police that a man had used a stun gun on her, but ran off when someone nearby heard her screaming, police said.
"He kept pulling my hair and punching me. ... I saw sparks coming from the side. They looked like little electrical lines," Cathy, one of the victim's told KTVU shortly after the attack.
On March 26, an 18-year-old Gilroy woman told police that a man had attacked her while she was sitting in her car around 8:40 p.m. in the parking lot of the East Dunn Ave. Safeway, according to news reports. The woman told police that the man had opened her car door as she was taking a pocketknife out of her glove compartment to protect herself.
The man grabbed her hand and brought the blade up to her neck, according to police. The two struggled, but the man ran off as she continued screaming. Police had been looking for the same man who they believed was responsible for all three attacks.
Garcia-Torres was arrested in May 2012, two months after LaMar, a Morgan Hill high school cheerleader, had disappeared. Police say they found her DNA inside his red Jetta; they also discovered traces of his DNA on her clothing that was found on the side of the road.
At the time of his arrest, Garcia-Torres was working at the Safeway on Tennant Ave. Although he was 17 at the time of the three other crimes, the District Attorney's Office says they have permission to charge him as an adult.
He will be be arraigned on the new charges on Dec. 10.