Ah music festivals. Doing them the right way is smart. Doing them the wrong way is hilarious -- for everyone else. This year we spent a good deal of time and energy offering positive advice on how to do Hardly Strictly. So here, in less-than-total seriousness, are 10 signs you did Hardly Strictly Bluegrass poorly. All photos by Christopher Victorio.
10. You failed to dress like a hillbilly.
And thus didn't get into the proper spirit of a bluegrass concert.
9. Dull headgear.
Really, there's no reason to stick with a standard-issue Giants cap or a floppy-brimmed hat at a massive outdoor music confab. The occasion calls for something more interesting.
8. You slept through it all.
Banjos do get boring, but there's always drinking and people-watching, right?
7. You wore any more clothing than was absolutely necessary...
6. ... Even if it was a silly costume ...
5. ... And especially if it was a big-ass fur coat.
Because dear god was it hot out there.
4. You came without a canine companion.
See our slideshow: The Dogs of Hardly Strictly 2013
3. You stayed on the ground.
Thus missing the best views Golden Gate Park had to offer.
2. You didn't get any crowd-surfing in.
We know it was a bluegrass festival and all, but c'mon.
1. You missed the amazing sunset on Sunday night.
Hopefully these people turned around at some point.