Well, it's the Friday before the most event-filled weekend in San Francisco history (okay, probably not, but possibly so) -- and despite really wanting to be at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, you're still at work. That, friends, is a problem in search of a solution. We're here to help. Here are the top 10 reasons you should walk out of work right now and get over to Golden Gate Park for the free music festival:
10. You're not going to get anything done this afternoon with all those Fleet Week jets buzzing your building, anyway.
9. Turns out the food truck you were going to hit for lunch is in Golden Gate Park today.
8. It's the most peaceful place in the city right now to take your medical marijuana prescription. Doctor's orders!
7. The artists you really care about seeing won't be on the livestream (even if they are, you could always tell yourself/your boss that they aren't).
6. It's the only day this weekend where you might even think of driving to the festival (although we'd still strongly advise against it).
5. So you can bring your chair today and leave it overnight for a closer spot tomorrow!
4. You need to beat Karl there. Sure, Karl is the fog, and he'll probably beat you there no matter what, but just tell your boss that. They'll let you go.
3. There are only three stages going today, so you might actually be able to move/breathe/pee/get within a quarter-mile of the stage.
2. Um, Elvis Costello?
1. Because Warren would've wanted you to.