Scorecard for SXSW w/ 2 Days Down, 2 Left To Go
*Your third veggie dog and can of Lone Star (because there is no time for a proper meal at any point during SXSW)
* These Jesus freaks, crazying it up in the middle of 6th. St. (But, Awesome!: The two dudes who stood right in front of them and just gunned the full-tongue kisses with each other).
* Headliners staying in their vans for the length of the show.
* Bars that are named the exact same thing, but are actually located in two different places. Hence, you stand in line for 20 minutes to get in, another 5 minutes for a drink, and realize you're at the wrong Beauty Bar.
* Going to the right Beauty Bar to see what this whole Titus Andronicus
hype is all about. See before you a pretty typical, albeit very enthusiastic, bar rock act with a singer who sounds like Bright Eyes.
* Having your bassist get so drunk at a show in another city the night before that he misses your calls--and his plane to Austin--so you have to play two shows with a pickup bassist (overheard conversation with dude's not stoked bandmates).
*Watching your fifth drunk chick skid into the sidewalk like she's catching a fly ball. (Seriously, that's gotta hurt).