Get SF Weekly Newsletters

Thursday, May 31, 2007

All Shocked Out -- Vice PR is Teh Suck

Posted By on Thu, May 31, 2007 at 4:53 PM

I received this self-consciously shocking press release in my inbox. Jesus. Outside of NYU dormitory residents, Arctic Monkeys fans, and the other remaining punchable Vice readership, I don’t think the most jarring problem among the majority of Colt 45 aficionados consist of getting caught making whoopee or being chased by the neighbor’s puppy dogs.

From: xxxxxxxx

Date: May 29, 2007 1:43 PM

Subject: xxxxxxxx invites you to "Colt 45 and VICE Looking For More Tales!!!"

Colt 45 and VICE Looking For More Tales!!!…

VICE and Colt 45 are looking for your favorite stories about nights out with Colt 45. Got chased by dogs at 3am? Lost your pants on a bet and had to walk home? Got stuck in a compromising situation? Take a minute and write to us. The best stories will be illustrated by underground comic book artists and released with upcoming issues of Vice Magazine in its own mini-mag form. The first issue comes out in June and if we might say so, it's pretty killer. Send all stories, yarns and anecdotes to tales@viceland.com . Please send us your stories asap, as we are looking for ones for the July issue. Also, look for VICE and Colt coming to your cities this summer to have some late night adventures and throw down with your favorite djs.”

That isn’t to say that I don’t have my own tale of hops-related appropriation. I do: One time I passed out on the toilet while drinking malt liquor. OK, so it wasn’t actually a Colt 45 so much as it was a crisp, lemony Hefeweizen. And it was on the patio at the Zeitgeist, not on a dingy toilet bowl, where I caught nasty vapors. But seeing as how I loathe both beer and kicking it next to the row of porta-potties in Zeitgeist’s beer garden, the stories are practically one and the same. --Brock Keeling

  • Pin It

Tags: , , ,

About The Author

Matt Stroud

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Popular Stories

  1. Most Popular Stories
  2. Stories You Missed

Like us on Facebook

Slideshows

  • clipping at Brava Theater Sept. 11
    Sub Pop recording artists 'clipping.' brought their brand of noise-driven experimental hip hop to the closing night of 2016's San Francisco Electronic Music Fest this past Sunday. The packed Brava Theater hosted an initially seated crowd that ended the night jumping and dancing against the front of the stage. The trio performed a set focused on their recently released Sci-Fi Horror concept album, 'Splendor & Misery', then delved into their dancier and more aggressive back catalogue, and recent single 'Wriggle'. Opening performances included local experimental electronic duo 'Tujurikkuja' and computer music artist 'Madalyn Merkey.'"