• After months of rumors — and some last-minute fears it might not materialize — Paul McCartney announced an Aug. 14 concert at Candlestick Park, bidding farewell to the retiring stadium. His show will echo another milestone performance played there: the Beatles' last-ever live concert on August 29, 1966.
• Speaking of big concerts, Beyonce and Jay Z let the world know they'll be spending this summer together on tour. The First Couple of Pop's On the Run tour comes to AT&T Park on Aug. 5. Tickets are on sale now.
• We hit up Temple's Sunset Arcade party to see how the 18+ crowd gets down. The event packed video games, dance competitions, plenty of PLUR vibes, and some very warm and friendly underagers into the club on a Sunday night. It's also a very easy place to feel old.
• Well, the Attic has closed. The tiny, dark, beloved Mission dive was a great spot to hear local DJs while sucking down cheap margaritas. The owner, Roger Howell, is opening Gashead Tavern at 2351 Mission, and so far there's no word on what will fill the Attic's tiny space next.
• Rumor has it that Lena Dunham is plotting to let her friend Taylor Swift appear on Girls. Here's why that's a mistake: Taylor Swift, despite her many other talents, is a terrible actress: dull, stiff, unable to emote. She was bad on CSI, New Girl, and SNL — she'll be bad on Girls, too.