- Think being vegan isn't traditionally masculine (like lifting weights and getting swole?)? Let bodybuilder Richard Watts break it down for you: eat right, train hard, and love animals; you're going to look amazing.
- Woody Harrelson has just opened an organic beer garden in Culver City, L.A. Art imitating life, Haymitch? While the biergarten doesn't feature a nightly fight to the death -- teenagers aren't allowed -- you can get all manner of vegan comfort food and vegan beer at this patio wonderland. And they probably won't kick you out for volunteering as tribute (to get the next round).
- Here's one reason to love Kanye West (and lord knows we need it): the rapper/musician/fashion designer/CERTIFIED GENIUS, JIMMY KIMMEL was snapped concentrating hard on an amazing-looking spread from Woodlands Vegan Bistro. Point one for, Ye. Now stop wearing fur.
- Meatless Mondays is now continental. Ooh, you fancy, huh? In an effort to let everyone know that global warming is no joke (holla!), the Norwegian military is eating a vegetarian diet once a week. Let's hope they like it so much that they go vegan. Can't beat that heart health, you guys.
- Speaking of health benefits: World Vegan Month is almost over, but you can still spread the word about the health effects of veganism. Here are just a few according to the Huffington Post: less acne, less chance of heart disease, and less chance of female-specific cancers. Also: going vegan improves your dancing ability by at least 10 percent. (I made that one up myself, but you should see my tap skills.)
- Making plans for a vegan Thanksgiving? If you're stumped what to buy and/or where to go (the store, for food; the restaurant, for more food) Vegansaurus has an exhaustive list of local options. Run, do not walk to Souley Vegan. Bonus: there's a list for LA, too.
- Here's a tiger with an identity crisis. Marvel at these photos of a big cat who is trying to give himself a mane augmentation. Looking good, Simba!
- If you're the type of person who loves to hear holiday music before Thanksgiving (I am. Please play Now That's What I Call Christmas as you read this.) you're going to love these holiday pancake recipes -- unless you hate pancakes. What? You could also serve these with your Thanksgiving meal for a new tradition. Or before. Or after. More pancakes!
Have a safe and happy holiday week!