- Warn everyone you know: Thanksgiving is coming. If you want to venture out beyond the safe but delicious confines of Tofurkey and Field Roast (honorable mention goes to Gardein), here's a new recipe for you. Nothing says 'no regrets' quite like a food coma triggered by maple-glazed sweet potatoes.
See also: Week in Vegan: Vegetarian Piranhas, Punk-Rock Cookbooks, and a Three-Legged, Crime-Fighting Rescue Dog
- If you don't know how to make a delicious vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free dessert, you may want to check out Chef Jillian Love's holiday dessert workshop on November 17. You'll learn recipes, eat sweets, and even get some tips on how to avoid stress this holiday season. (My way of reducing holiday stress? Avoiding my parents. Yours are probably hella cool, though.)
- Vegan speed dating is back in the Bay Area. Good news? It's held at a wine bar. Good but slightly urgent news? It's happening on Monday.
- Go vegan, run a marathon? If the idea of running 26.2 miles is as foreign to you as it is to me -- anyone know where the remote is? -- you may be inspired by this first-hand account of how a plant-based diet helped former football player
- Kimatni D. Rawlins blast to the finish line.
- Veganism is growing more popular every day (I think it's at Cady Heron level at the moment). While the upswing is likely due to health reasons according to Forbes, let's hope that the people enjoying Tal Ronnen's amazing-looking Artichoke Oysters will start considering animal welfare as well.
- Don't take your condiments for granted. Bloomberg Business details what it takes to get a jar of Hampton Creek vegan mayonnaise into your local Whole Foods ... and now I'm starving.