Are you an amateur chef, baker, or cooking enthusiast with a "big personality" and "fierce appetite for competition"? Well, according to MTV's casting call for its new reality show, Food School, you just might fit all the qualifications to go live in a house for months with strangers as other strangers yell at you about your knife skills and your pathetic attempts at a souffle. Sounds fun right?
Details on the show are sketchy, but it sounds a lot like Real World meets Top Chef -- contestants (we're assuming young and hot) will "live under one roof and be schooled in the most intensive and practical culinary training, with mentorship by legendary food masters."
In addition to an audition tape, applicants need to rate their comfort level with things like expediting, molecular gastronomy, stocks, sauces, butchery, and wine and beer pairings, as well as answer the following questions:
- Who are you in your social circle of friends? (for example leader, follower, etc.)
- Describe your personality (the good and the bad)
- Break down your typical day from the moment you wake up to the moment you hit the sack
- BRAG! What makes you the best cook out there?
- What makes you competitive, describe
- What makes you stand out? What do people remember most about you?
- What kind of people do you usually get along with, and what types of people get under your skin?
- What does this opportunity mean to you? Why should we choose you?
Remember, the most memorable people on reality shows are the ones with the most exaggerated personalities. We suggest a marathon of Jersey Shore and Teen Mom this weekend to put you in the proper state of mind. Good luck.