- I have some of the most very exciting news for you: Chaka Khan has adopted a vegan diet! Apparently to lose weight for health reasons but I'm still excited. I love some Chaka Khan! Let's all enjoy Tell Me Something Good.
- If you haven't heard of Beyond Meat, you might be dead. Everyone is talking about it! Now the Twitter guys are backing it. Basically, it's the latest. You should probably try it unless you want to be a total square (pro tip: you don't want to be a total square!).
- Raw vegan Choco Tacos! Sort of! I love when savory things and sweet things switch places. Savory donuts, dessert nachos, it's all genius.
- Ad agency BBDO SF has a new commercial for the SFSPCA and I say it's good. What do you say? It's hard to make puppymill adverts palatable enough to watch, you know? You don't want to be so upsetting that people shut down, but puppymills are super upsetting. There's the rub.
- Will the UN climate conference be serving up meat? Probably, and that's cray. Meat is only the worst thing ever for the environment. Maybe we should talk about that instead of grubbing on burgers? Ask my pal Jeff Anhang.
- The Chicago Tribune has a piece about the foie gras ban in California. I couldn't be happier about this ban and I say "BOOYAH, JERKS!" to all the people who fought against it.
- One of the Skinny Bitch authors ate vegan for a week on $33--the average amount California food stamp recipients get. An interesting endeavor. I would be terrible at this experiment because I don't think $33 buys a lot of Grey Goose.
You can follow Megan Rascal on Twitter at @MeganRascal. And you can follow SFoodie at @sfoodie, and like us on Facebook.