Highlights from the blog this week:
1. SFoodie contributor Albert Law, who has been spending six weeks in China, stumbled upon a cafe in Beijing that serves Ritual coffee. And it's no cheap knockoff -- it's the real stuff, imported from San Francisco. In fact, the brought over Eilenn Hassi to train his staff, and he's now giving workshops on how to make a cup of coffee.
2. In case you were hurting for Halloween costume suggestions: Bacon drag!
3. Noah Sanders interviews Ben Kaminsky from Ritual Roasters, who reveals his hopes for the future of coffee culture: No. More. Lattes. SFoodie supposes he's probably down on pumpkin spice macchiatos, too.
4. Ben Narasin clued SFoodie in on the best way to try great wines on the cheap: pre-auction wine tastings. You simply pretend you're considering buying a case of 1992 Bordeaux, and they let you try the freakin' wine. Amazing.
5. Don't let them drag you to Pier 39 again: Six suggestions for places to take your out-of-town visitors to eat.