CUESA, the nonprofit that runs the Ferry Plaza farmers' markets, is hosting its annual Sunday Supper harvest feast this weekend. And just like the vendors it assembles for the markets, CUESA has a knack for lining up the best local culinary talent around
And while the dinner might be the big draw, but the reception offers a great opportunity to experience nibbles from over 30 different chefs and restaurants. And what's a reception without cocktails? This year brings together five of the city's best bars and bartenders working on Rye on the Road mobile bars to provide farm-fresh drinks to complement the morsels.
This year's cocktail menu includes:
• Campo Santo (Duggan McDonnell/Cantina): Campo De Encanto pisco, Bianco vermouth, basil, lemon, seltzer
• Pear of Roses (H. Joseph Ehrmann/Elixir): Square One Botanical, meyer lemon, rosemary, pear juice, lavender syrup
• Proper Pluot (Tony Devencenzi/Bourbon and Branch): Distillery No. 209 pluot-tarragon-infused gin, Benedictine, lemon, honey, bitters, seltzer
• Daisy Cutter (Greg Lindgren and Kyle Ford/Rye): Charbay tequila, watermelon, lime, peppercorn syrup
• Father Thyme's Au Pear (Brandon Josie/15 Romolo): St. George Absinthe Verte, Hangar One spiced pear vodka, thyme, lemon, pear, seltzer
For those of you ― like us ― who plan to try all five cocktails, there will also be wine from the Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant, St. Supéry, and Hahn Family Wines. And for your designated driver, juice from Purity Organics.
Sunday Supper Reception
When: Sun., Oct. 3, 5:30-7 p.m.
Where: S.F. Ferry Building, 1 Ferry Building (at Embarcadero)
Tickets available online via Eventbrite