Most homebrew competitions seek entries in all 23 BJCP-recognized styles (that stands for Beer Judge Certification Program), with each category having sub-styles, but for Eat Real's purposes, these are the five categories:
• Session beers (think lagers, milds)
• Hoppy beers (think IPAs, double IPAs, triple IPAs...)
• Farmhouse beers (think Saisons, wild ales)
• Strong beers (think anything with the word "Imperial" in it)
• Taco beers (tastiest beer to drink with tacos! Not made with actual tacos)
Entering is free but you must drop off your entries (limit two styles per person, and three 12-ounce bottles are required) either today before 8 p.m. or tomorrow between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. For more info, click Eat Real's rules page.