The biggest opening news was the arrival last Friday of Dogpatch ice cream emporium Mr. and Mrs. Miscellaneous, which Jun Belen reported on
(complete with Elizabeth Falkner sighting). This morning saw the much-anticipated launch of American Grilled Cheese Kitchen in South Park (if you felt the ground shake around 11 a.m., it was merely the surge of eager early adopters) A quick! opening of Panini 2
has Nopa peeps smacking their lips over cuppa joes and chicken pesto pressed sandwiches. Revival Bar and Kitchen is steps away from the downtown Berkeley BART stop, and is chef/owner Amy Murray's reshaping of the former Downtown Restaurant space, complete with farm and garden-fresh ingredients (via Eater
). Full rundown after the jump.
• American Grilled Cheese Kitchen 2 South Park (at Second St.), 243-0107. Sandwiches.
• Another Monkey 280 Valencia (at 14th St.), 241-0288. Thai.
• Beijing BBQ 4683 Mission (at Persia), 333-6601. Chinese/barbecue.
• The Burritt Room Crescent Hotel 417 Stockton (at Bush), third floor, 400-0500. Cocktail and wine bar.
• Chairman Bao 1200 Seventh St. (at Irwin), 333-6601. twitter.com/chairmantruck. Asian street food.
• Lunch Geek 1400 Market (at Fell), 626-8888. Sandwiches.
• Mr. and Mrs. Miscellaneous 699 22nd St. (at Third St.). Ice cream and baked goods.
• Panini 2 359 Divisidero (at Oak) ― took over the space formerly known as On the Corner.
• Revival Bar and Kitchen 2102 Shattuck (at Addison), Berkeley, (510) 549-9952.
Follow us on Twitter: @SFoodie
. Got tips? Holler at email@example.com.