Myint has hinted that Mission Street Food will eventually return after Commonwealth launches, but has been tight-lipped about the specifics (we've heard it might return one night a week, on Mondays, but nothing's confirmed). He also tweeted that tonight's event, which brings back the best dishes from its Homage Series over the past two months (when menus have been dedicated to the styles of international chefs such as Rene Redzepi, Michel Bras, Pascal Barbot, Inaki Aizpitarte, and QuiQue DaCosta), will be one of their all-time best. We're glad this isn't necessarily goodbye to Mission Street Food, but more like see you soon. Tonight's menu and further details after the jump.
Mission Street Food
When: Thursdays and Saturdays through June 5, 6 p.m.
Where: Lung Shan, 2234 Mission (at 18th St.)
Reservations: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; walk-ins accepted; cash only
• Sea urchin, frozen cream, dill, cucumber
• Roasted beet, goat cheese, olive soil
• Foie gras and miso soup with assorted legumes
• Bison tartare, tarragon, wood sorrel
• Gargouillou: an assortment of raw and cooked vegetables, prepared appropriately
• Skate, mussel emulsion, vegetable stems
• A basic understanding of lamb: roasted leg and crispy belly with lamb gelée, assorted seeds and grains
• Yogurt parfait, celery, peas, chervil, mint oil
• Olive oil cake, crème fraiche ice cream, strawberry, balsamic vinegar