DEADLINE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5 at 5pm.
Connected in San Francisco: What's your interpretation?
This is a city of connections. Big bridges, little phones, unusual cultures. San Francisco lives for this stuff. Draw us some stories about how it all fits together.
We are looking for local artists to give us their take on this theme!
The best entries will be selected to appear in print.
Submissions should be created as true sequential art - a full story unto itself. Cartoonists are encouraged to be creative within the confines of the required dimensions. There are no restrictions on the number of panels or how you arrange them.
Be sure to work within our half- or quarter-page sizes. If you would like to do a full-page comic, please submit a proposal via email prior to producing it.
- Submissions must be in black and white. You may propose full color, but you must demonstrate competency in this before it will be green-lighted.
- If coloring with tones of gray, separate grays by 15 percent, i.e. 15, 30, 45, 60, 85 percent grays.
- Grayscale images: 300 dpi.
- Bitmapped black-and-white images: 600dpi
- Submit your entry with the following contact information:
- Your full legal name
- The name you prefer to be credited in print
- Your website, if applicable
- Comics must conform to one of the sizes listed in the PDF download below
Size & Compensation
Items selected for print will be compensated based on size.
Please download the PDF
for specifications and more info.
Friday, November 30. But sooner is always better.
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 5pm.
Send files and contact information HERE via our upload utility
Select Andrew Nilsen as the recipient
and be sure to include your contact and credit information.